Tuesday, October 02, 2007

GO ROCKS!!!!


YEAH BABY!!
I was supposed to be in Brisbane all week this week for a conference but I ended up needing to do some graphic design (my little freelance, on the side income since I've been down here). I was a little bummed to have to come all the way down but I am so happy now.

Once I got to the office I remembered the rockies game and I went online to see how the game turned out. It was the top of the 11th and I quickly registered for an account on MLB.com so i could listen in on the game. So here I am on the other side of the world listening to the baseball game. What a world we live in.

When the Padres hit that homer in the 13th I thought it was over. I even told everyone around me (who I was explaining the rules of baseball to) that one of the greatest closers of all time would definitely close the door on the win.

I am glad that I was wrong.

When that sac fly happened, I felt so happy. Like a part of me was here and a part of me was home. I knew that my family and friends were listening too/watching the same thing and cheering at the same time. It was like we were together. The internet is a cool thing.

Go Rockies! Beat the Phillies!!!

2 comments:

Josh Mickelson said...

that is rad you could listen in! I could hear the fireworks from my house. so rad!

Mark Thomas said...

I do feel so much closer to you now. I just peed a little.