Wednesday, February 28, 2007

We Made It, But Not Taylor

We made it. I am sitting here in my in-laws house in Sydney writ ting this. It is such a long journey here but I am so excited. I feel like anything is possible right now. I guess it's just the feeling you get when you know you are obeying God.

The flight here was uneventful but I must say, Qantas is a very nice airline. Laugh at me if you must all you Australia detractors, but 60 on demand movies, 50 on demand albums and 25 channels of tv, plus better food, service and accommodation make it way better than United.

Except for one little thing. They lost my guitar. As it stands right now my Taylor is somewhere else in the world. I am not freaking out though. Everyone on our flight that had any baggage with "special handling" instructions lost their bag. So it's not just me, there's about fifty of us. Liv talked to the airline today and they said they think they have it and it should be here tomorrow. We will see.

Jet lag was pretty bad last night but I feel refreshed this morning. It will take a week or so before I feel completely normal but that's alright. It's all part of traveling 8,000 miles to a completely different day and time.

If I could describe my life in one word right now it would be anticipation. There are so many new things to discover and experience and I have just begun.

3 comments:

Mark Thomas said...

Glad you made it safe.

Good on ya, mate.

Are you gonna come visit the US in a year and have an Australian accent?

The Hosh said...

Glad you made it! We will beseech the heavenlies for the Taylor.

Josh Mickelson said...

yea, they will get the taylor to you. Maybe if they lose it, they will replace it with a real guitar like a martin! haha I keed I keed.

Glad you got there safely. I need your email address, I lost it.