Tuesday, November 20, 2007

So Many Things To Say

I don't know where to begin with this post. I wish I had more time to post here more often because I miss everyone back home. I wish I had more time in general. This is going to be one of those heavy posts so if you're not in the mood stop reading now.

still here?

Cool.

Since I got here in Australia I have become part of something so much bigger than me. In absolutely every way I have faced a tremendous challenge to grow in every area of myself and my relationship with God. This is a good thing but it has also been a tremendous challenge. Everyday I face more tasks than time, more needs than resources and more desires than satisfaction. I think this is a good thing and ultimately the place God wants all of us to be. But there's a battle going on in me lately that I can't deny.

Maybe it's because thanksgiving is this week. I think the holiday season is a big part of it. But I have missed everyone and everything from home this week like crazy. I want to go to buffalo wild wings with you guys and eat until my stomach burns. I wanted to watch the world series with all of you and curse the tv like you all did. I want to hang out and talk about music, swap mp3's and just laugh and have fun.

That's not saying I don't have fun here. I am having a great time but it's just different. When you just pick up your life and relocate it to the other side of the world, you've got to expect some withdrawals I guess. But that doesn't make my selfish want just go away.

I love what I am doing, I love the amazing things God is doing through me that I never thought He could, I love the people here and I love my church; but I also love home and I love all of you. I want you all to know that. I want to keep growing to a new capacity. I want more of Jesus and less of me.

2 comments:

1or2thoughts said...

If you have peace in your service to God you are where you supposed to be. I will pray for you.

Josh Mickelson said...

I miss you man!