Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year

Happy new year to everyone! I hope that 2007 was a great year for you and that you are all healthy, happy and that 2008 seems fresh and exciting to you.

It's funny how the calendar rolling over makes everything seem different. It's really just another day, but it always fills me with a sense of anticipation and a potential for what the future holds.

Over the last week it has been cold and rainy here. There is a cyclone off the coast that is causing all this bad tropical weather. The cyclone won't come here because there are too many islands in the way, but it's made it very wet and windy.

Liv and I went down to the beach today to look at the huge swell and waves crashing in. It was quite a sight and there were a lot of people watching the sea. Then there were those few crazy guys out there surfing. I have to admit, I kind of like that they are not afraid to get out there. It's dangerous, its rough, but they could also catch an amazing wave for the ride of there life. I want to have that kind of ambition this year. I want to go for it and really put myself out there. I just have a sense of "now or never" for most of what is in my heart, and I think that is a good thing.

Right now Liv has her easel set up next to me and she is painting away. I am sitting here looking out the window at the rain falling and the trees swaying back and forth and I feel so
happy and alive...

Godspeed in 2008

1 comment:

Unknown said...

happy new year man.