Thursday, January 18, 2007

The First Album I Ever Owned

This was the very first album I ever called my own. My Uncle owned a christian bookstore and gave me the cassette tape of Steve Taylor's christian new wave classic, "On The Fritz." I listened to it so much that the J-card insert was completely destroyed and all of the print on both sides of the tape was worn away. There was a scratch on one side though so I knew which side was which. It met it's demise in my dad's Maroon Mercury Le Grande. Completely eaten in the tape deck.

I've often tried to remember my first record and today it hit me like a bolt of lightening. Check out the chorus to the classic Taylor song "Lifeboat." They don't write them like this anymore:

throw over grandpa 'cause he's getting pretty old
throw out the baby, or we'll all be catching it's cold
throw over fatty and we'll see if she can float
throw out the retard, and he won't be rockin' the boat

No comments: