Thursday, January 11, 2007

First Blog in 2007



So much has happened since my last post showcasing a pouting Hosh.

Liv and I had our first Christmas as man and wife. It was a lot of fun. The best thing about being married is having your best friend sharing everything with you. Our pal Josh "guttermouth" Mickelson came along with us too. (I call him guttermouth because of a past misunderstanding between his myspace blog and my parents. ha ha ha). Had a good time and ate way to much food. Josh and I had about half a dozen bathroom trips each within 12 hours of the meal. Rock & roll!

The new year has been really exciting so far. Our old pastors Ross & Kathy offered us a job a their church in Gold Coast, Australia. It's exciting and scary at the same time. We are praying about what we should do and seeking God's direction.

One really cool thing for me over the holidays was the unlimited downloading available at Oink!. I downloaded over a hundred albums in the span of about 2 weeks. I gorged myself at the free music trough and now I am hopelessly addicted. I haven't even listened to everything that I've downloaded yet....why do I feel the need to have albums in my collection that I haven't listened to? Sometimes I feel like that person who has all the American literature classics on the shelf but hasn't read any of them. They just want a complete library...it's a social status thing.

I have been writting a ton lately and really exploring new ways to cultivate and work on new ideas. I bought a book "How to write better lyrics" and it has had some really great tips for me that have kind of liberated me as a songwriter. I think I am growing as well...at least I hope so.

2007 is gonna be the best year of my life, but it's gonna be crazy. Can't wait for tomorrow.

No comments: